Posts tagged Big
Angry Birds has really been a defining game for the touch generation (iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android, etc). It’s hard to believe that it has only been out for two years when it seems like it has been so much longer. To celebrate, there have been some new levels released today for the iPhone. Here are my favorite Angry Bird characters listed from most to least favorite:
- Black Angry Bird – The black Angry Bird is my favorite because he’s basically a bomb that does a lot of damage. After this bird lands and causes a minimal initial damage, you can tap to make the black Angry Bird explode or wait a few seconds for his built-in timer do it itself.
- Yellow Angry Bird – Although the triangular yellow Angry Bird may not look like much at first, he can cause some serious damage by his user-controlled speed burst he gets when you tap the screen. If you do use him just right and aim properly he can cause some level-clearing destruction that will help you throughout the game.
- Big Brother Bird – This bird may not be the brightest bird in the bunch but he can cause harm due to his intense size. Once you see just how big he is compared to the others he will become an instant favorite.
- Blue Bird – At first you will think that this bird is a wimpy little guy but big things come in small packages. He splits off into three birds when the user taps the screen which when done properly can put the baddies in check.
Rumor has it that Sackboy has reason to smile because word on the streets is that Little Big Planet will become a greatest hits game very soon. When that happens, the color of the game box magically turns to a transparent red and the price magically falls to $29.99 MSRP. By the way it’s the GOTY edition that’s rumored to become a Greatest Hit which means that in addition to the standard game, it features exclusive levels from 18 members of the LittleBigPlanet community, the “Metal Gear Solid“, “Monsters” and “History” costume and level packs and the “Animals” costume pack.
The other games rumored to be getting Greatest Hits status are:
- Killzone 2
- Resistance 2
- UFC Undisputed
More @ NeoGAF.
Little Big Planet must be selling really well because there are rumors of bringing it to the PSP sometime in 2009. The game could give the PSP a little boost in sales which have been lagging as developer’s have been developing on the DS more as of late. How much Sackboy will have to give up in order to be ported to the PS3′s little portable friend?
After a long wait and countless Media Molecule teasers, LittleBigPlanet is reported to have been spoted at some GameStops across the country. The puzzle platformer and world creation video game was supposed to come out last week but one of the background music tracks references two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an which caused the one week delay. Now look at how happy this news made Sackboy.
Little Big Planet is coming out in October and what a better way to show off this cool new game by showing this cool new game along with tetris. Little Big Planet lets you create and play through levels that you design and being able to design a level like Tetris makes me think that this game will be deep.
LittleBigPlanet has been getting a lot of press lately as the release date creeps a bit closer. Now there’s a site dedicated to LittleBigPlanet News – your destination for anything LBP. The goal is to keep everyone up to date with the latest LBP goodness.
Here are all the LittleBigPlanet links you’ll need for now:
According to the Playstation Blog, Little Big Planet is to be released in a couple of months and those who pre-order will get a little something extra. The PS3 exclusive side-scroller lets players navigate characters through levels that they can build and design. The pre-order bonuses may include the following:
- The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games
- A LittleBigStickerBook, a sticker book
- LittleBigPouch, a burlap sack
- An Exclusive Nariko (from Heavenly Sword) SackGirl
- An Exclusive Kratos (from God of War) SackBoy